Wednesday, November 17, 2010

CCC #51

It's challenge day over at Cricut Cardz Challenge. The challenge today is to create a Thanksgiving card using any cartridge, and the colors brown, yellow, white, orange and blue. Here is what I came up with:



Thanksgiving was last month here in Canada, and one of my Dad's favorite Thanksgiving treats is Pumpkin Pie. I decided to make this cute little card in honor of him. The pie is from Smiley Cards, the free Gypsy download. The paper is all from Stampin Up. The stamps are from My Pink Stamper (yummy) and Stampenduous (Happy Thanksgiving), the ribbon is from Michael's. I used some chalk to try to give the pie some color, a real pie has color varitaions, and parts that have darkened a little more - it did not work exactly how I had hoped, but it looks OK. I cheated a bit on the colors - I gave the pie pink cheeks - it occured to me later that I could have used peach :) I also used some black, especially for the ink. I find color challenges especially hard. Every time I am told I CAN'T use a color, it is all I want to use - silly, huh?

I hope you all head over to Cricut Cardz Challenge, take a peek at what DT #2 has come up with, and play along with us.

A la prochaine...

11 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH! This came out soooo super cute for this weeks Challenge! I Love it! And my hubby LOVES Pumpkin Pie too! I may have to make him something similar... :o) TFS!
Theresa DT

Abby said...

This is just tooo stinking CUTE!!!!!!!! LVOE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

I absolutely adore this card!!! Love it.

Vee (CCC DT2)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Yummy! Looks so cute!

created by connie said...

VERY cute card!! Love this one!! I have the sudden urge to want to eat some pumpkin pie now. :)
GREAT job!

Connie (DT2)

Anonymous said...

I love this card!!! Perfect for the pumpkin pie lovers. :) -Nicole

Lalo said...

I love this "thanksgivings" card...It's sooo cute!!!
The pumkin pie looks yummy (and cute)
awesome card :)

Jennifer said...

I'm loving your card! Excellent job :)

Raven B said...

Seriously this is soooo cute!
Hugs,
Raven

Monica Ward said...

This is such a cute card. I love it!! Great job.

Anita said...

What a cutie!! Nice job on this challenge!!