Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Tall Card

It is challenge day over at Cricut Cardz Challenge. The challenge today was to make a tall card (4" x 9") using any color, theme or cartridge. I was a not feeling especially creative this week, still tired from being sick, and I still have sick kids at home, so this was a tough one for me. I decided to make a card for my sister. She has been having a rough go of things lately, and I wanted to remind her how strong and special she is. Once I decided who the card was for, it made sense to use one of the beautiful women from Forever Young. Here is what I came up with:



I cut her at 7.5" and ran the bottom piece through my Divine Swirls Cuttlebug folder. I was not able to find a piece of patterned paper I liked, so I eneded up inking the embossed paper to create my own piece of "patterned paper". I love how perfectly the paper matched with her dress!



Here is the inside of the card. The saying is from Paisley and the flower from Forever Young. I am going to mail it out to my sister this week. I hope it reminds her how amazing she is :)

Hope on over to Cricut Cardz Challenge, see what the rest of the DT came up woth, and play along with us! I can't wait to see your creations :)

A la prochaine...
Free Forum Sigs

14 comments:

Suzy said...

Love this card Michelle! The pink and black are fab ;)

Suzy CC#2 dt
http://scrapwithsuzy.blogspot.com

Scrapper69 said...

LOVe how your card turned out Michelle! The dress looks fab with the swirl embossing and inking! I'm sure this will cheer up your sister... Wonderful job with this weeks challenge! :o)
Theresa CCC DT

L.B. said...

Super cute card. Love this tall card challenge

Candice F said...

I love your card. Great job and hope you feel better.

Karen Aicken said...

What a fun card for the CCC challenge! TFS

Kristin said...

Love your card! I can't wait to get this cart in the mail, it's one I didn't have but had too:)

Janis Lewis said...

Michelle, this is beautiful. I love the swirled background and matching dress. :) Janis

The Scrapbook Speedway said...

what a fun card! love the silhouette!
-paula

Anonymous said...

Your sister is sure to love this gorgeous card! Wonderful design, colors and inked embossing. I hope you and your family get well soon!

Dina said...

I love this card! I still don't he this cart. I need to get it soon! Hugs! Dina

Mimi's Kreations said...

what a beautiful card!! thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :)
it's been fun playing with you guys!!
cecy

JustYolie said...

Great card, lovin' the swirls!

Tara said...

I love that you made your own patterned paper. I have hundreds of sheets (okay more like thousands, lol) and still sometimes can't find that perfect piece!
Tara

created by connie said...

LOVE everything about this card! So pretty!

Connie :) DT2