Friday, January 6, 2012

Subway Style Art

I have recently become a Pintrest addict. I have found some really nice ideas there. I have seen a lot of "subway art" which I thought was so interesting. I decided to try some myself, using vinyl and my Cricut.

So,one day, at Walmart, I found some wooden plaques - they were only $4! I decided to pick 2 up, and try to make some subway art... Here is what I cam up with:



My mum is a quilter and sewer. She makes the lovliest things. I decided to make a Subway Art style plaque for her room. I used my Gypsy Girl to lay out the plaque. I apinted the plaque with tole painting paint, cut out the vinyl, and that was it! I used the following cartridges to create this plaque: All Mixed Up, Baby Steps, Birthday Bash, George and Basic Shapes, Gypsy Font, Disney - Happily Ever After, Lyrical Letters, Makin the Grade and Robotz. Whew, that was quite a few!

I was so pleased how this turned out, and I love the potential! I made a second one for my sister, and I'll be sure to post that next week! Thanks for hanging out with me today :)

A la prochaine...

Michelle

2 comments:

Kerry T said...

Great job. I did some projects for Christmas using the Word Collage cartridge and everybody loved them. I have thought about trying some more personalized ones with different font. Thanks for the inspiration.
Kerry

mommakcrafts.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

This is fabulous!! First I've seen of the Subway Style Art. I really like it!!! :)