Monday, June 11, 2012

Run Fast

Happy Monday!  I had a great weekend!  I ran a 5k this past Saturday :)  Yay me!  I will tell you all about it in a minute, but first, I want to share a card I made that I am sending to a friend who also did the race.  Here it is:


Isn't it cute?  The stamp set is from Close to my Heart - in fact, everything is from CTMH except the ribbon.  The layout is simple, but showcases the stamp, which I really like.  I hope my friend likes it :)

So the race I was in, was called Sole Sisters.  It was a women only 5km run with no clock.  You could run, or walk it, and everyone who finished got a medal!  The morning was POURING, but by the time we got to the pre-race stuff, the sky was blue!  There were 1500 women participating.


As we walked to the start line, it started to pour again, and just before the start, there was thunder and lightning!  The race was VERY wet - I was soaked and freezing by the end.  I was pretty grateful for the dinner and hot bath that were waiting for me when I got home.


Here are me and my neighbor Michelle at the end of the run with our sparkly, blingy medals.  We had a great time, despite the weather.  I have already signed up for next year!



I hope you all come back tomorrow.  I will have a new project to share with you.

A challenge or two for my cute little card:
Stampin Sisters in Christ - use an image showing action
Stampavie and More - for a girl
Sunday Stamper - pretty in pink
Bunny Zoe Challenge - girls, girls, girls
Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Make it Monday - anything goes
Simon Says Stamps and Show - anything goes

A la prochaine...

 

16 comments:

Brigitte said...

This is fantastic Michelle!!!! Love the card and what a fantasic story! Hugs, Brigitte

Lisa Minckler said...

Congratulations to you on the run. That sounds absolutely wonderful, rain and all!
Your card is inspirational and I LOVE that sentiment..LOL. :)

Thank you so much for linking up with us at Make It Monday and sharing your creativity.
hugs,
Lisa xx

Sarah said...

Well done you! Love your card, perfect colours and image, thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion, hugs, Sarah x

Rachel said...

Fab card Michelle - saw you on Make it Monday and had to pop by!

Congratulations on your run, your photos are fab. I'm running a Race for Life next weekend and have my fingers crossed for no rain!! Wedgie xxx

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome card!! congrats on the run:) Wahoo! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

loz said...

Fantastic card michelle and congrat's on the race.I saw this on MIM..Loz

Cathy Dineen said...

Congratulations on your 5k, you deserve it! Your card is great, love the colours. Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion this week! :)

Rita said...

Congratulations. Your card for the challenge is perfect in pink. Hugs Rita xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Yay for you... congrats on your run.... love your card, very apt... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Carol said...

Your card is fab!

Helen said...

Beautiful card! that sillouette image is awesome! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Have a blessed day! ~H

Greta said...

Congrats on the run! Wonderful card--so perfect for your friend. Saw this on MIM.

Linda said...

Congrats!!! I have two children who are runners. I will CAS this and give to my daughter. I love it, thanks for sharing. Saw you on MIM and it caught my eye.

Redanne said...

Well done you! Congrats to you and your friends. Love your card, only wish I looked like that.........

Terry said...

Congrats on your run and thank you for sharing your fun card with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love the colors Hugs Terry xxx

Mina said...

huge congratulations on completing your run Michelle well done you and the rest of the girls...what a fabulous image for your card, I love it...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx